Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust has been rated as Good by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We are a responsive and innovative Foundation Trust that places our values of Caring, Safe and Excellent at the heart of everything we do. We take great pride in our staff and believe that investing in you is key to us achieving our vision of outstanding care delivered by outstanding people.
We work with a wide range of partner organisations to deliver care and support to people in their own homes and from a number of hospitals and community bases. We focus on delivering care as close to home as possible.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Oxford City Adult Mental Health Team (AMHT) for a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly motivated Band 7 Social Worker to join the team as the senior social care practitioner.
We are looking for an experienced social worker, who is an effective practitioner that is able to operate and act with high levels of autonomy, functioning as a leadership figure in our established (MDT).
The Oxford City and North East Oxon Adult Mental Health Team (City AMHT) covers the entirety of Oxford City, Bicester and the adjoining area. We are a large team consisting of around 90 staff from all care disciplines.
We are a supportive, dynamic and integrated team which operates in a very busy environment. We care deeply about our service users and their families and carers. We aim to improve the lives of are service users by providing the best possible care. We are also focused on provide increase staff satisfaction and sense of achievement when meeting the needs of our service users. Oxford Health has received a rating of Good by the CQC .
The team actively promotes a multi-disciplinary approach to our work. Staff working within the AMHT will need to have experience of working with service users in a community setting and be confident in the use of social work theory and practice and have an expert understanding of the Mental Health Act, Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and the Human Rights Act with and understanding of the Children's Act. The right candidate would have some experience of leadership and a working knowledge of social care systems, including application of the Care Act and associated legislation as above.
You will be supported in your role by a Band 8a Team Manager and Band 8a Social Work Manager. You will be expected to provide senior oversight across the service, staff supervision, project management, deputising for Team Manager/ Social Work Manager when required. Duties will also include;
- Safeguarding (identify and raise safeguarding episodes, to support colleagues to manage safeguarding investigations/ manage complex safeguarding investigations, chairing strategy meetings for individuals or organisational abuse – within the partnership).
- Administering the Mental Capacity Act (to support junior clinicians to complete capacity assessments and facilitate best interests process – at times, under the framework of safeguarding procedures and take a practice lead in preparing applications to the Court of Protection).
- Social Care authorisations (to authorise Overview assessments under the Care Act, service requisitions, support plans, social care reviews and Annexes).
- Facilitating the transfer of care (clinical and social care) for clients who are 65.
- Preparation for timely transfer for those client who have not yet reached 65 (aged 64 or younger with frailty needs or cognitive impairment).
- Provision of social work and care specific supervision for Band 5 and 6 social workers (including ASYE).
- Provision of in house training to the wider MDT in relation to your social care expertise.
- contribution to the ongoing social care forum.
- there will be an expectation that you will take an active role in the social care and general leadership of the City AMHT
-You will also be expected to hold a small complex case load when required.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate expert and effective practice in complex situations and have the ability to manage high levels of risk.
Regular supervision will be provided and you will be encouraged to undertake any training relevant to your professional and personal development. We will support the successful candidate in developing their leadership skills in Social Work.
Full time & part time options are available, we also welcome applicants for a job share.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Yasmin Riveiro Social Work Manager 07836772194
Aidan Harker Team Manager 01865902200